History of Tinajeros Elementary School
During the Spanish regime,Christianity easily spread in our country.Missionaries were allowed to teach Roman Catholic enabling first Filipinos to understand and adopt Cathlolicism.
On the process of educating early barrio settlers,a school for Grade 1 and 2 was built in 1905 in Sanchez St.near Tullahan River.On the three basic subjects were taught;English,Filipino and Math.To be able to finish elementary level,students were made to attend Grade 3 to 6 level of schooling in Malabon Elementary School.
War was broke out in 1944.Because of Japanese maltreatment,residents of Tinajeros abandoned their houses to hide in a safer place.Schools were converted into Japanese quarters.
In 1946,after the American declared a period of liberation there was a greater demand of education among the younger residents of the barrio.Pupils who finished Grade 6 were recommended to become teachers.School rooms which are converted into Japanese quarters were used as classrooms again.
In 1971,the Marcos building with 8 classrooms was built along Celia St.In less than one year,it was followed by the construction of the Industrial Building.After a decade,the three rooms RP-US building was put up.It was patterned after the Marcos Building.Then in the later part of 1980,the Special Administration Building and two-storey,six room building were constructed through the financial assistance of the National Government.
In the late 1990’s the two-storey NSDF Building consisting of nine classrooms,a laboratory,an office of supervisor and four comfort rooms was put up.In the same year,the Computer Building and principal’s room were built while the old Home Economics building was required.
In 1997 saw the construction of the two-storey,five room building donated by the Congressman Tessie Aquino-Oreta.Smaller school facilities were put in the place afterwards such as stage,canteen,soft drink stand,cooperative offcie and store,the room for Special Education(SpEd pupils was constructed in early part of the year 2000 through the generousity of Mayor Amado S. Vicencio.